The City Hall : the former presbytery

 

 

 

Built in 1521 (almost 500 years ago) by the priest Jean de Pontoise.

 

 


With his father Bernard de Pontoise, he was the Alexandre Vi "Bordia"'s doctor. He did not take its definitive vows until his come back in Roma.

 

 

 

The house was built with the harvest of the tithe. Jean de Pontoise did not live permanently in St Aubin. He paid a priest to a minimum and to take a care of the parish and the home.

 


In 1904, during the sepration of Church and State, the home becomes communal. This buiding is the city hall for 30 years after many changes of ownership.

 

 

 

 

This noble public house also art exhibitions of photographs and other cultural aspects of our region.

Mairie de Saint Aubin de Luigne
 

 

Retour